Renting property in Cambridge

From your rights as a tenant, to the process of renting a property in Cambridge. The below Citystay Property Agent’s Tenants Guide will help answer all of your questions.

The Rental Process

Step 1 – Knowing Your Budget

Knowing a realistic budget will help define your search for a property of the type, size and location you can afford. When calculating your budget, remember to consider the following.

Securing a property you have found attracts the following costs:

A Holding Deposit

A holding deposit payment, (equivalent of one week’s rent) is required and is usually offset against the first month’s rent  if the tenancy goes ahead.  You may, in some circumstances, be refunded all or part of this money if the tenancy does not go ahead, and in some circumstances you will not. It is therefore important to read and understand the conditions of the holding deposit before signing anything.

Tenant or guarantor Referencing (“Right to Rent”)

Prospective tenants are referenced to confirm that they have a “Right to Rent”, that have previously rented without any major issues. Proof of address and suitable identification are required and credit checks are also carried out to ensure that your income will be able to cover the rent. If you are required to provide a guarantor for the tenancy (for example if you are a first-time tenant), the guarantor will also need to be referenced.

If you are not a British citizen, you can prove your right to rent by obtaining a Right To Rent Code via the following government link

The cost for Right to Rent checks are covered by either the landlord or the letting agent.

Having your offer accepted, although still subject to contract and satisfactory references will attract the following charges:

Rent in advance

This is set out in the tenancy agreement but is usually equivalent to one month’s rent, The holding deposit will be deducted from the first payment. You will then be requested to arrange for further rent payments to be set up via direct debit or standing order from your bank account.

A security deposit is limited to no more than five or six weeks rent (dependant on the annual rent amount) under the Tenant Fee Act 2019, if your tenancy is not an AST (Assured Short hold Tenancy) however there is no limit enforced.

This deposit is held as assurance to the landlord. Therefore, if the property is not left in a condition fit for purpose, deductions from this payment can be made to cover reasonable costs to rectify any damage.

For ASTs, this deposit will be held by Citystay Property Agents within and protected by the government backed Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS). For tenancies which fall outside the Landlord and Tenants act (that is, are not AST’s), it is usual for Citystay Property Agents to hold this as a stakeholder. It is still, of course, managed in a very transparent way.

Citystay Property Agents’ core values include honesty, transparency and thus no hidden costs. Therefore, we should like to inform you of other costs that may occur throughout your tenancy which include:

Changes to Tenancy Agreement

Should you wish to make any changes or amendments to the terms of the agreement once the tenancy has started, this may be possible, but is dependent upon your landlord agreeing. Citystay Property Agents can negotiate with your landlord on your behalf and with their agreement we can draw up an addendum to the tenancy agreement, for which there will be a charge.

Surrender/Early release

Please be aware that if for any reason you request to end the tenancy earlier than the end date set out in the tenancy agreement, your landlord does not have to agree to this. However, if in agreement, your landlord can ask you to reimburse them for any financial loss they might suffer as a result.

Change of occupier

If you are sharing with more than one person, your landlord does not have to agree to you changing any of the named tenants during the tenancy term. However, if in agreement, this would be subject to a reasonable charge as this involves creating a brand-new tenancy.

Replacement of locks/keys/security device

A fee equivalent to the reasonable cost of replacing a key or other security device. Written evidence of the cost of replacement will be provided. There might be situations where the reasonable cost could be more than just replacing the key. For example, if the key when lost was on a key ring with the property address on it, it might include the cost of replacing the lock.

Late rent charge

Should your rent payment be outstanding for 14 days or more a late rent fee may be charged.

The fee cannot be more than three per cent above the Bank of England’s base rate to the amount of rent that remains unpaid at the end of that day.

Utility/Household Bills

Citystay Property Agents will usually be able to provide you with an estimate of utility bills based on the current tenants’ utility costs.

We can also find out the council tax band and associated costs of your property.

Typical household bills may include:

Council tax; Energy – gas and/or electricity; Water; Telephone; Broadband; TV licence; Digital or satellite TV; insurance for your personal possessions

To ensure you avoid debt and maintain a good credit rating it is important to keep on top of your monthly bills.

Step 2 – Establishing Your Requirements

Whether you are looking to move into your first property, or relocating, you will need to establish the area you want to move to and what your specific requirements are. We’re here to help.

This is where Citystay Property Agents come into our own. As local agents with local knowledge there are none better to advise you on both the property itself and the area, making your search easier.

Your Citystay Property Agent will help you think through:

  • What you can afford
  • Where in Cambridge you want to live
  • What the local amenities are, e.g. schools, shops, transport links, medical centres, parks, gyms, and restaurants etc.
  • What you require from the property itself, e.g. period or modern, furnished or unfurnished, outside space, parking, accessibility, pets etc.
  • Which type of let would suit you best.

The type of let you decide upon will depend on your personal circumstances. Citystay Property Agents have vast unrivalled experience in matching tenants to the most suitable type of let within Cambridge. The Citystay Group have been at the vanguard of providing alternatives to Assured Shorthold Tenancies (ASTs) in Cambridge since 2008. We would be delighted to share our knowledge and experience of the advantages and disadvantages of each tenancy type to find the type of tenancy that best suits you.

Short-Term Let. Tenancies lasting less than six months although not exclusively, these are normally under a licence to occupy. The Citystay Group are the market leaders within Cambridge providing this type of let.

Long-Term Let: tenancies lasting longer than six months again not exclusively but these are normally Assured Shorthold Tenancies (AST’s). These are the types of tenancy that most, if not all, agents have most experience with.

With all the above, the landlord will manage the property, or they will appoint a managing agent such as Citystay Property Agents to handle the day-to-day maintenance and management of their property and liaison with tenants.

This service usually applies to companies and private individuals who are looking for properties through their work. The Citystay Group have vast experience in Corporate, or Company Lets.

Step 3 – Searching for and Viewing Properties

Having established your requirements and desired location you can register your details with Citystay Property Agents here and check our available properties to rent here.

Contact Citystay Property Agents to arrange viewings. An easy process via “arrange a viewing” button beneath every property on our website.

When you reach the viewing stage Make sure your finances and credit, employment, previous landlord references and right to rent documents are complete, accessible and current, to avoid missing the property you desire. The property market in Cambridge can move very fast.

Your Citystay Property Agent will accompany you to viewings; be able to advice and answer any questions you may have. If a joint occupancy, attending the first viewings together can expedite the process.

Some good questions to ask when viewing:-

  • When is the property available?
  • What is the local area like?
  • How much is the rent? and what’s included ?
  • What furniture is included if any?
  • How much is the deposit?
  • What extra fees are there to pay?
  • Are smoke and heat alarms fitted and working?
  • Is outside space shared or private & who is responsible for maintaining it?
  • Is smoking permitted?
  • What about pets?

When viewing a property, consider the following:-

  • Is there enough storage space?
  • Is there enough space to fit my furniture and white goods?
  • Is there good signal for telephone and internet connection?
  • Are all taps, showers/ bath and toilets working?
  • Is the property secure (alarms, onsite security, etc) and are approaches well-lit?
  • Are there window and door locks?
  • What are parking arrangements?

Things to have thought about before making your offer:-

  • What is the length of the tenancy?
  • How much notice is required to end the tenancy?
  • Does the letting agent or landlord manage the property?
  • What are the emergency contact numbers /procedures?
  • Who is responsible (landlord or tenant) for maintaining what?
  • What will I need to insure?

Step 4 – Securing Your Property

The Cambridge rental market can move very fast and quality properties are often secured very quickly. It is essential then that all potential occupiers are in a position to decide promptly after viewing the property.

Once you have decided on a property and want to secure it your offer has to be accepted and then you enter the ‘let agreed’ stage of the process, but this remains subject to contract.

You will then be required to pay a holding deposit, go through reference checks, previously mentioned (Step 1 “Making An Offer) and agree the terms of the tenancy.

Your “right to rent” as an adult has to be evidenced by law prior to a tenancy beginning. Usually a passport and visa, where relevant, suffices.

Evidence of current residency usually via a utility bill/service provider bill or bank statement/in your name dated within the last three months.

Reference checks are carried out to confirm that prospective tenants have a history of being a good and reliable tenant.

Credit checks assess the prospective tenant’s ability to afford the rent.

If, for whatever reason, you are concerned that you may not reference well you can ask Citystay Property Agents to speak with the landlord about accepting a guarantoe. If acceptable your guarantor will also have to undergo references and a credit check.

You may also require a guarantor if you are, a first time renter, a student, unemployed, self employed, coming to the UK from overseas without full reference check being possible (also see right to rent code via, you have an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA) or County Court Judgement against you (CCJ) or you cannot corroborate your earnings.

Citystay Property Agents use a reputable third party to carry out referencing and checks and as a prospective tenant you will be asked to sign to say you agree with Citystay Property Agents sharing your information for this purpose.

Such referencing and checks could include:

  • Financial background checks
  • Verifying your stated income
  • Employers reference
  • Current manging agent or landlord reference.

So, you have paid the holding deposit, referencing has been completed and you have secured the property subject to contract, Citystay Property Agents will now draft the tenancy agreement. It is advised that you read it carefully and ask any questions you have before signing and returning it. It is also advisable to seek independent legal advice before signing any contract.

For more on deposits and tenancy agreements, see our guide on tenants’ rights and responsibilities below. The payment of initial funds is required prior to the beginning of any tenancy. These funds include an initial rental payment and the tenancy deposit. All deposits for Assured Shorthold Tenancies (AST) in England and Wales must be protected by one of the governments approved tenancy deposit protection schemes. Citystay Property Agents use the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS).

Step 5 – Moving Day

At Citystay Property Agents we understand that although exciting, moving properties can be very stressful. We are pleased therefore to offer the following tips on how to prepare for the day to minimise any anxiety involved.

Give the required notice to your current landlord or letting agent of your intention to leave.

Arrange to repair any damage caused to the property during your tenancy and replace any items that cannot be repaired, retaining receipts for your records.

Set up a standing order or direct debit for your new rent payments – Citystay Property Agents organise this for you, however some agents may not.

Notify utility companies (e.g. water, electricity, gas, bank, insurance, mobile phone and any other) of your new address

If you are considering switching utility providers research the best value companies for your new property in enough time to save you making a rushed decision at the last minute. Citystay Property Agents provide options during the referencing process.

Research and select a removal service if required with as much notice as you can give.

Citystay Property Agents have secured favourable rates with reputable local removal services. Call us to find out more.

Set up a redirection for your post.

Submit final utility readings; electricity, gas and water meter readings to the providers.

Remove all personal items.

In order to return the property at the standard it was when you began your tenancy ensure that it is thoroughly cleaned, (professionally if possible). Citystay Property Agents can arrange professional cleaning at favourable rates. Call us to find out more.

If furnished, all furniture is to be returned to its original place.

Return the keys to the inventory clerk if a check out has been booked, or to the landlord or letting agent if not. Obtain a receipt.

Make sure you have read, understood, signed, and returned the tenancy agreement.

You will not be permitted to move into your new property until you have paid the initial rent and deposit so, please make sure this has been completed.

Attend the inventory check-in appointment or collect the keys for your new property from the letting agent, or landlord.

Take readings from gas, electricity and water meters at your new property.

Step 6 – Avoiding Potential Problems

Citystay Property Agents want to help make the process as easy as possible for you and are pleased therefore to advise on how to prevent frustration due to avoidable pitfalls.

When searching for a rental property, use accredited letting agents only.

All letting agents in England must, by law, be a member of a government approved redress scheme and have a client money protection scheme (CMP). These redress schemes provide a free and independent service for resolving disputes between letting agents and their customers (landlords and tenants). Citystay Property Agents CMP Certification can be found here.

Citystay Property Agents Ltd are becoming members of ARLA Propertymark, and are members of, and adhere to the best practices outlined by The Property Ombudsman Redress Scheme (TPO), providing landlords and tenants peace of mind when using our services.

Be aware before you sign a joint and several tenancy agreement with others sharing the property that you are agreeing to each tenant being jointly and individually responsible for the terms. Therefore, if one person falls behind in rent payments, you and/or your guarantor, are all responsible for paying it, together with any arrears that have built up.

To end a joint tenancy all tenants must act together as joint and several tenants and even so this can only be done at the end of a fixed term or in line with a break clause agreed within the tenancy agreement. One tenant cannot end a tenancy for the others during the fixed term.

A landlord may agree to release one tenant if another suitable replacement is found but this will involve a new tenancy and attract additional cost to the landlord who may look to you to cover this.

Similarly, the landlord does not have to, but can agree to end the tenancy early for all tenants. and again, may expect to recover their reasonable costs from you for doing so.

A landlord cannot just evict one tenant. They can only give proper notice to end the tenancy agreement for all tenants.

As in other ASTs the deposit must be protected by a government approved tenancy deposit protection scheme. The deposit for a joint tenancy is treated as a deposit for all named tenants.

At the end of the tenancy, any agreed deductions from the joint tenancy deposit are taken from the entire deposit – disputes cannot be raised against individual shares. It is common for tenants to be required to nominate a ‘lead tenant’ who will act on behalf of all tenants throughout the deposit protection process.

Tenants must pay the amount of rent agreed at the beginning of the tenancy. A landlord is not able to increase the rent during the fixed term unless the tenant agrees to it, or it is allowed within the terms of the tenancy agreement. A new rent should be agreed if the tenancy is to be renewed for a further fixed term. Rent can be increased for ASTs during periodic tenancies by the landlord serving a Section 13 notice.

Paying your rent on time is very important. Failure to do so can place you at risk of eviction. Your landlord may decide to take legal action against you, which could include losing your home and applying for a county court judgement (CCJ), which sets out what you owe and how you must pay it back. Incurring a CCJ will affect your credit rating and may make it harder for you to rent privately in the future.

It is important, therefore that you speak to your landlord or agent if you are experiencing financial difficulties; you may be able to reach an agreement about how to pay the arrears.

If you are unable to pay your rent but have a guarantor, your landlord or letting agent will contact them for payment.

There are organisations that can provide advice if you are facing financial difficulties that can affect your housing situation.  Find out more

Although polite to do so, and any good agent will liaise with you in good time, you are not usually required to give notice of your intention to end the tenancy at the end of a fixed term. (e.g. twelve months).

If you remain in the property any time after the fixed term period has expired and a new fixed term is not agreed, the tenancy will automatically become a periodic tenancy (rolling from month to month). If you then wish to end the tenancy, the notice period will match the frequency of the rent payments (at least one calendar month) and the notice will need to end at the end of the rental period.

At the end of your tenancy, your deposit should be returned to you in full unless you agree that your landlord may make reasonable deductions.

Deductions can be claimed against your deposit if:

  • you left the tenancy before the fixed term ended,
  • any rent is outstanding,
  • there is damage to the property beyond ‘reasonable wear and tear’,
  • items are missing,
  • you have breached any of the tenancy terms
  • or if you do not leave the property in a similar condition as at the start of the tenancy.

Your deposit will remain protected in the deposit protection scheme until the resolution of any issues. If there is a dispute about deductions between the landlord or agent and the tenant, ensuring an inventory was taken and agreed at the start and at the end of the tenancy will help safeguard both parties. If you want the tenancy deposit protection scheme to adjudicate any deposit dispute, you must submit your case to them within three months of the end of the tenancy.

Ending a fixed term agreement early can only be done if there is a break clause in the agreement which allows for this. The notice period required in the break clause will be outlined in your tenancy agreement. Alternatively ,you would need to seek the permission of your landlord although they are not obliged to agree to this and may seek compensation for any costs incurred as a result of you leaving early.

Leaving without giving notice, means you will be liable for paying rent up to the date the notice period should have expired, or until the end of the fixed term if no break clause was agreed.

It is always sensible to speak to your landlord or letting agent when you are thinking about leaving the property.

The landlord is not legally allowed to end a tenancy within the fixed term period unless there is a break clause, or the tenant has breached the conditions of their tenancy agreement.

The landlord is legally responsible for what is agreed in the tenancy agreement which will include maintaining the structure and exterior of the property, the installations supplying the utilities, sanitary ware, the supply of heating and hot water.  Responsibilities for other repairs may be outlined in your tenancy agreement – if you are unsure, speak to your landlord or letting agent.

It is important to report problems with the property so that your landlord can make the necessary repairs if they are the landlord’s responsibility. If a problem you have not reported worsens over time or causes damage to the property, your landlord may make a claim against you for their financial loss and withhold some or all of your deposit in order to pay for the repair.

To find out more about your responsibilities, please see our tenants’ rights and responsibilities guide.

The government have also produced this helpful guide ‘How to rent: the checklist for renting in England’ which details your rights and responsibilities as a tenant. You should be given access to this at the start of the tenancy.

Tenant’s Rights & Responsibilities

Types of Tenancy

The obligations of being a tenant are outlined in your tenancy agreement along with the obligations of your landlord. There are different types of tenancy agreement.

Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) is the most common. To be an AST all the following criteria need to be met:

  • Start date on or after 15th January 1989
  • You are an individual and not a company
  • The property is your main residence
  • Your landlord does not live in the property or in the same building, where the building has been converted into flats
  • The rent is not more than £100,000 per annum

If you share the property and means that tenancy all tenants are all jointly and individually responsible for paying the rent. For example, if one person falls behind in their rent, all are responsible for paying it.

You may have an excluded tenancy or licence if you lodge with your landlord and share rooms with them, like a kitchen or bathroom. You’ll usually have less protection from eviction with this type of agreement.

A Licence to Occupy can also be used for short term lets (less than 6 months) and as with the above sit outside the protection of the Landlords & Tenants act 1985.


Deposits are paid by tenants prior to occupying a property and held in a government approved tenancy deposit protection scheme. Citystay Property Agents use the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS).

Once a deposit is paid, it is the responsiblity of the agent or landlord to register it with an approved scheme. Once registered, your landlord or agent will inform you of the contact details, dispute resolution service, how the deposit is protect, any reasons that any deductions from the deposit might be made, and how to apply to get the deposit back.

Deductions can be made for damage beyond ‘reasonable wear and tear’ this can be agreed by both parties (the landlord or letting agent and the tenant or tenants). It is helpful at this stage to have had an inventory for both check-in and check-out.

In the case of a dispute about deductions the deposit will be protected by the scheme until the issue is resolved, so long as a request for adjudication is made within 3 months of the tenancy ending.

Tenants Rights

Your rights as a tenant should be outlined in your tenancy agreement but include the following.

To live in a safe and secure property, which is in a good state of repair – including the structure and exterior of the property, drains and pipes, gutters, windows, sanitary installations (baths, basins, toilets and sinks) and gas, water and electric installations.

To be treated fairly regardless of disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.

Be protected from unfair rent and unfair eviction.

Reasonable adjustments should be allowed to accommodate tenants with disabilities, if possible.

General and emergency repairs must be carried out by the landlord, agent or their appointed person – this does not include repairs for damage caused by tenants

To have contact details for the landlord or managing agent

To live in the property undisturbed – the landlord or agent must provide at least 24 hours notice to visit the property, at a reasonable time of day, unless there is an emergency

The landlord must provide energy performance certificates for the property

If there is a gas supply to the property, the landlord must provide a valid gas safety certificate throughout the tenancy

An electrical safety condition report must be provided to you by the landlord at the start of the tenancy

The landlord must ensure that there is a smoke alarm on each storey of the property and a carbon monoxide detector in any room which has an affixed fuel burning appliance (except gas cookers)

The landlord must ensure that any supplied furniture and furnishings are compliant with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) Safety Regulations 1998.

The landlord may not change the locks without informing you and providing a new set of keys

If the property becomes uninhabitable due to damage caused by insured risk not caused by the tenant, the landlord should waive the rent until the property is fit for occupation. The landlord is not required to find you, or pay for, alternative accommodation

The landlord should give you proper notice to end the tenancy in line with the type of tenancy and the terms of the tenancy agreement

Tenant Responsibilities

These should also be outlined in your tenancy agreement and cover the following. You should fully understand your rights contained within any legal agreement prior to signing.

To pay the agreed rent on time, even if repairs are needed or there is a dispute with the landlord.

To pay any utility bills not included in the rent, including TV licence

To look after the property and notify the landlord or agent of any issues or necessary repairs.

To obtain permission from the landlord before carrying out any decoration or minor repairs.

Not to smoke inside the property, unless agreed in writing by the landlord.

Not to keep pets at the property, unless agreed in writing by the landlord which should not be unreasonably withheld.

Return the property in at least the same condition as at the start of your tenancy, allowing for fair wear and tear.

Not to undertake any illegal or immoral activity within the property or its grounds.

Not to sublet or take in a lodger, without the express permission of the landlord.

To be considerate to neighbours.

If renting an apartment within a block, to adhere to any rules and regulations of the building.

To notify the landlord or agent if you are to be away from the property for longer than the period stipulated in the tenancy agreement, as this may affect insurance policies.

To give the required amount of notice to vacate the property stated within your tenancy agreement.

To understand how to operate the boiler, heating and other appliances.

To be aware of the location of the stop cock, fuse box and any meters.

To regularly test any fire and smoke alarms, and carbon monoxide detectors.

To allow the landlord, agent and appointed workmen or engineers access to the property when required, when 24 hours’ notice has been given, or there is an emergency.

The Costs of Renting a Property

Renting a property attracts several costs which vary depending on the area and the type of let you are considering.

Rent – One month’s rent in advance of your occupancy and on-going monthly rent throughout the tenancy unless a different frequency has been agreed.

Deposit – For Assured Shorthold Tenancies (ASTs) this will be equal to five- or six-weeks’ rent dependent on if your rent is above the £50,000 threshold or not. For non Assured Shorthold Tenancies, deposits are normally equal to six weeks’ rent.

Fees – There is no charge to the tenant if the tenancy is to be an AST. However, occurrences during the tenancy such as late rent payments, damage to the property and lost keys will attract costs.

Removal company or vehicle hire and storage costs, for example.

Electricity, gas, water, council tax, telephone and broadband, TV Licence and insurance all need to be considered.

If this has been agreed and included within the tenancy agreement.

The Advantages of Renting

Renting a property in Cambridge can offer some advantages over being a property owner.

Renting offers more flexibility than ownership, especially for those who have to move location frequently for work. There exist a variety of lets available to suit a range of requirements:

The type of let you decide upon will depend on your personal circumstances. Citystay Property Agents have vast unrivalled experience in matching tenants to the most suitable type of let within Cambridge. The Citystay Group have been at the vanguard of providing alternatives to ASTs in Cambridge since 2008. We would be delighted to share our knowledge and experience of the advantages and disadvantages of each tenancy type to find you the type of tenancy that best suits you.

  • Short term let: tenancies lasting less than six months although not exclusively, these are normally under a licence to occupy. Citystay are the market leaders within Cambridge providing this type of let.
  • Long term let: tenancies lasting longer than six months again not exclusively but these are normally Assured Shorthold Tenancies (AST’s). These are the types of tenancy that most if not all agents have most experience with.
  • Managed properties: either the landlord will manage the property, or they will appoint a managing agent such as Citystay Property Agents to handle the day-to-day maintenance of their property and liaison with tenants.
  • Corporate/ company let: this service usually applies to corporate companies and private individuals who are looking for properties through their work. The Citystay Group have vast experience in Corporate, or Company lets.

Smaller protected deposit – The deposit payable on a rented property is considerably lower than that of a mortgage down payment.

Fixed Rent Costs – Allows you to budget more efficiently saving you the worry of fluctuating housing market and mortgage rates.

Less financial responsibility – Landlords hold the responsibility for maintaining the building and insuring the building and any furniture or appliances included in the tenancy. If you are renting an apartment within a block, the landlord will be responsible for any associated building costs unless stipulated in your tenancy agreement. This could mean that services such as gardening and window cleaning could also be covered.

In 2014, the UK government launched a £400 million programme to help people save the deposit for a property, while simultaneously renting affordably. Properties built under the scheme will be available for below market rents for a minimum of seven years, so tenants can save for a deposit to buy the property they rent.

To find out more about the Rent to Buy scheme click  here.

Short Let Guide For Tenants

A short-term let is a property that can be rented for up to six months. They offer a short-term accommodation solution that can be more cost effective and flexible than staying in a hotel. The Citystay Group  are seasoned experts in offering short term-lets to suit a wide variety of needs.

You are temporarily relocating for business.

You are relocating for a new job.

You are a contract worker required to work in different locations.

You are visiting relatives for an extended period.

You are attending a training course, business or sporting event.

You are visiting from overseas either on a short- or medium-term visa.

Your main primary property is being repaired renovated or refurbished.

You are awaiting completion on a house sale or purchase.

You wish to experience what it’s like to live the Cambridge life without committing to a long-term rental or purchase.

Simplicity – minimal paperwork required, ready furnished.

Flexibility – choice of contract length.

Cost-effectiveness – more economical than a hotel.

Inclusive of utility bills – (excluding phone).

Privacy – same level as being in your primary property.

Space – ability to spread out and cater for guests.

Is a Short-Term Let For You?

The Citystay Group have the largest portfolio of short-term let properties in Cambridge. A Citystay Group short-term let will provide you with the opportunity and facilities you require to explore, in depth, this wonderfully historic, and globally influential city of ours. A Citystay Group short-term let allows you the freedom to experience the surrounding area before deciding on a longer-term property, ensuring that it is best situated for your needs.

Please speak to our friendly team who will be glad to share our local knowledge and unrivalled expertise in matching short-term lets to the specific requirements of our individual clients.

Working with only trusted partners